Rotting plants.

I have set up my planted aquarium about two weeks and
out of all the plants that have been planted only the
Banana plants have survived. Planted with two inches
of kitty-litter and one inch sand. Kitty-litter has
Osomocote 9-6-6 slow-release with soil acidifiers
mixxed in. Low pH dealt with Sodium Bicarbonate.
Everything else has rotted from the bottom of the
plant to the water surface. I have proper CO2,
lighting, and I am doseing with homemmade PMDD and
Kent Freshwater Nut. Sol. Temp. runs high, 80-85. Any
ideas why, or comments?