Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1420

> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:29:34 -0800
> From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
> Subject: Turkey Court
>
> Well it does seem that a few folks have now been added to the new amended
> complaint. Karen Randall is mentioned although not being sued but
quoted(why
> use her name in this?). Nice to see some folks will USE other folk's names
> to make their point in legal proceedings and imply that they do not
possess
> the ability to think for themselves without being manipulated. Quaint.

From what I have seen of Karen's comments on this list (and I have never met
or am likely to meet her so I am just surmising!!) I would say that she is
the last person I would think of as being manipulated!!

> I got my copy recently. You can only read about 1/2 of it. Apparently they
> have sent a legible copy but it's in the mail still.
>
>  I've told Robert Hudson that he is now on the list of "defendants". The
new
> folks are all ones you know already from this list and other forums. Some
> are still quite shocked to be named in this suit.

I am not surprised people are shocked. Whilst the plaintiff may think they
are right, morally they are way off the mark!! I thought common sense would
prevail in all this but looking at some of the conversations that have taken
place on Compuserve IMO there has been a lot of baiting by both sides.
Having said that certain employees of the plaintiff that use Compuserve
should act professionally rather than behaving like a bickering school boy.

> No one should ever have to put up with this kind of behaviour from any
> business. If this pisses you off, and it should.... if you enjoy this or
any
> other list/forum/privacy rights etc... you may want to get involved.

Agreed!!

> Support the Defense fund. Don't let Bullies USE others, use the law,
invade
> other's rights to privacy(screen names, private web addresses, personal
> passwords have been publicly disclosed by plaintiff on open forums) and
> suppress free speech. If you just give a little bit, it helps greatly. Do
> not think otherwise. It's all the small $ donations that really add up and
> give a sense of community & solidarity.

At this point I should say that I, probably like a lot of others, always
plan to get around to this but never do!! I have put this on my things to do
this and will endeavour to have it completed by the end of next week!!
Come on folks...These guys give us free advice in their own time. A few have
published articles!! I for one would have struggled to set up a planted tank
without this digest!!

> Individuals GREATLY benefited from this forum and other forums. I have.

Yup!!

> Be thankful you can express yourselves openly today then do something
about
> it to preserve what you have. If you do not defend your Turkey, someone
will
> take it away. Perhaps another Turkey.

Personally I hope someone gives them the bird :-)

>  Happy _Tanks_giving.
> Regards,
> Tom Barr

English...So I don't get to celebrate Tanks-giving... But Happy_Tanks giving
to all in the US.