Diatom madness

About the diatom filters:
Thanks everybody, for all your input. But hmmm...I'm still up in the air. I
have ruled out the Magnum (lots of complaints on that one). I will get
either a Vortex (many good comments, a few complaints on it's cheesy
construction these days), a System One (a few comments, but all good), or
the Whisper Diatomagic (only a few comments, but good ones).

I realize it's hard to compare because most people only have one! Anybody
else out there have either a System One or a Diatomagic?

thanks,
penny in chilly CT