[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Micron or diatom
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Micron or diatom
- From: Robert A Crawford <crawford at kloognome_com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:08:58 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <200111172048.fAHKm2Q02157 at actwin_com>; from Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com on Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 03:48:02PM -0500
- References: <200111172048.fAHKm2Q02157 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 03:48:02PM -0500, Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:52:18 +0800
> From: Penny Crowley <pcrowley at snet_net>
> Subject: Poll: micron/diatom filters
> Hello plant folks,
> I wonder if you all can help me. I am deciding whether to get a Magnum
> (micron) or a Vortex (diatom) filter for intermittent "floating speck"
> Can I get some opinions on which is better (or any other suggestions)?
> I appreciate it.
You can use diatomaceous earth in the Magnum filter to
get the benefits of a diatom filter. I've used this to clear a
tank full of green water in a couple of hours.
crawford@ | "Our world has passed away/In wantonness
kloognome.com| o'erthrown./There is nothing left to-day/But steel
--------------+ and fire and stone!" -- Rudyard Kipling