[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ottelia alismoides flowering!
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Ottelia alismoides flowering!
- From: Dave & Robyn Wilson <rwilson at octa4_net.au>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:58:04 +0930
- In-Reply-To: <200111132048.fADKm2I01445 at actwin_com>
- References: <200111132048.fADKm2I01445 at actwin_com>
>My Ottelia alimoides is flowering! Does anyone knows if it will produce
>seeds on its own or should I do something to pollinate its flowers? I am so
>excited! All comments are welcome!
>Wayne Wah from Singapore. (I hate to serve the army!)
Hello Wayne, I grow Ottleia alismoides and have found them to be self
fertilising even when the flowers dont make it to the surface they
will still set seed. When the flower is fertile the stem will curl
pulling it down. When the pod is ripe it disintegrates, so put
something over it to catch the seed after they are dispersed from the