common names for chemicals

I started in this hobby 37 years ago, but I'm a newbie with heavily planted
tanks.  I want to convert my 100 gal. salt to a planted tank.  To get ready,
I've been reading these posts, but I need a guide to the alphabet soup.  Does
anyone have a table or list of the chemicals you are discussing and their
common names?  For example, NO3, KNO3, PMDD, PO4, NH4 ....I need these linked
to their names, like nitrate, potassium, etc.  There must be others like me,
in the fog.  Thanks for your help.
David

multipart/alternative
  text/html