Re: External CO2 Diffuser, Substrate heating cables, Eusteralis

> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:41:41 -0500
> From: "Natural Aquariums" <naturalaquariums at starpower_net>

> As a side note, does anyone have any experience with the M3 substrate
> heating cables?  They seem very reasonably priced.  They also have a
either
> an analog or LCD heat controller.  Has anyone used these?

I don't use their cables but I've had their LCD heat controller for a few
months now. My venerable 1991-vintage Dupla controller had some problems of
late. I believe the technical term that explains the problem is "going
wack-o".

I'm very impressed with the M3 controller - very solid unit. I have it set
at 76 F with the recommended minimum 2 degree differential. I've not seen
the water temp differ by more than +/- 0.5 degree as measured by an
independent digital thermometer.

Two thumbs up.

 George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (booth at frii dot com)
  The website for aquatic gardeners by aquatic gardeners
    Major updates in July '01! On-line book, articles and tech briefs
      http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/