newbie light question

I am relatively new to the aquarium hobby, but I am
ready to grow some plants.  I have two tanks:  a 10
and 20 gallon.  I just have the standard 15W (I think)
hoods on there right now, and it's definitely not
enough...

I am wondering if anyone could recommend the kind of
hoods/lights I should use.  Keep in  mind that I am
completely ignorant on this point.  I've tried looking
around, but I can't really judge the quality of what
I'm seeing....

Thanks!

-eva