RE : my·cor·rhi·za

Okay, I admit it.  I had to look it up.  For those of you that weren't
already familiar with the term (am I the only one? :-)  ) and haven't
had a chance to look it up.  this is what I found:

my·cor·rhi·za or my·co·rhi·za (mk-rz)
n. pl. my·cor·rhi·zae (-z) or my·cor·rhi·zas
The symbiotic association of the mycelium of a fungus with the roots of
certain plants, such as conifers, beeches, or orchids.

[myco- + Greek rhiza, root; see wrd- in Indo-European Roots.]