[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Potamogeton
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:50:17 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200110271948.f9RJm1A25125 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> I think he meant potamogeton gayi. I am having
> trouble finding a picture of this plant on the net. I
> believe my plant is the same as on p52 of Nature
> Aquarium World Book 2.
> Anyone have this plant? Any insights out there?
> The LFS said that this plant is often used as a
> centerpiece. Does it get big and bushy?
It's a weed and half. Can get bushy. Not a centerpiece plant. A bushy group
stem plant perhaps. Nice to use around a base of a large center piece plant
though. It's easier than say hair grass, Gloss, etc to keep corralled. You
can use it as a tallish foreground plant also as it gets pretty darn dense.
Hummm, now I have a use for it. There's some tiny species out near here that
would be better for this. Perhaps I'll try this out. We need more foreground