Re: SF Bay Area water question

In a message dated 10/29/2001 12:56:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,

>> Is it at all possible that the water suppliers have been adding something
to the
>> water as a "pre-emptive strike" against biological warfare?  Maybe extra
>> chloramine or chlorine?  I don't smell anything, though.

That has been much reported in the news recently.  Many cities are increasing
levels of chlorine/chloramine in their water as a precaution against any
possible biological attacks on municipal water supplies.  My local water
supplier has announced they are now adding double the previous amount of
chlorine.  I, too, cannot smell it, but since I have no way to test for
residual chlorine levels, I do add extra chlorine remover at water changes as
a precaution.  Chlorine remover is cheap and, within reason, you can't
overdose with the stuff.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---