 Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:20:22 -0700
> From: "Roxanne Bittman" <rbittman at dfg_ca.gov>
> Subject: followup on CO2 reactor
>
> You people are amazing; thank you to all who answered so thoughtfully and
thoroughly re: CO2 reactors.

> Here's a little followup question:
> I did a little experiment yesterday and today.  I had two tanks running
with virtually the same setup including Eheim cannister filters, pressurized
CO2, and ADA scintered glass diffusers.  Both have been at a pH of exactly
7.0 for awhile.
> I disconnected one ADA diffuser and put the CO2 outlet into the inlet of
the Eheim intake (I sqashed the green silicone tubing right into the inlet
"cage" of the Eheim - very DIY).
> 24 hours later, the pH had dropped at least 0.4 (used the brom. blue
reaction; it's not terribly accurate) to 6.6.  That's quite a drop!
> In other words, the Eheim is much more efficient at mixing the CO2 than is
the ADA diffuser; many of you are snickering out there...

> Question is:  Given this increase in efficiency, what more could I expect
from a unit either inside or outside the aquarium designed to mix CO2  such
as the Hydrologix, Tom's incredible unit sold by SDP's, or the Mixer J sold
by M3?