Valisneria Seeds?

I was just giving my fish their dinner when I noticed lots of small white
particles floating around in the tank.  They looked almost like small air
bubbles but when I looked in the top of the tank, I saw that there were lots
of them floating on the surface. After searching for a source I found that
they were being released from my corkscrew val.  There was what looked like
a small flower stalk forming which was releasing them.  The end of the stalk
is transparent and I can see hundreds more of them inside.  I was wondering
if these could be seeds, and if they are could they be cultivated.  I
searched the krib, but only found info on actual flowering of vals.  Any
advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Mike