Re: Chara

It's Chara if from harder waters. If from soft acidic waters is most often
Nitella then. This is a generality. I'd say Chara which is all over in
warmer places. We got tons of it here. It doesn't seem to do quite as well
in my tanks as I'd hoped. If I lowered the lighting, got rid of some plants,
used it for breeding tanks that were bear bottomed I go with moss or
Nitella. There's also some types of lettuce(looks like baby Ulva) looking
Bryophtes going under the name of Riccia sp.
Regards,
Tom Barr