Re: radiating mail

>mail. Think about it logically, there are hundreds if not thousands of
>various food products shipped by mail, do you really think they would
>irradiate these? I am pretty sure Rachel is correct, it is UV or something
>very similar.

Exposure to ionizing radiation is actually a fairly common means of killing
parasites and pathogens in plant-type (fruits/vegetables) food products. As
I had mentioned in a previous message, it is also commonly used on grain
products to prevent sprouting while in transit or storage. It does not make
the food radioactive, it's more akin to giving the food a really strong
X-ray.

     -Bill

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator