Best CO2 Reactor

Roxanne,

FWIW, I explored the Hydrologix and other options for CO2 reactors.  There
is a gentleman on the list who has a very good description of the
Hydrologix, as well as, comments and pictures on his website.  His first
name is Bob as I recall but his last name escapes me.  Sorry Bob.  He
corresponded with me off-line and was very helpful.  He loved the reactor
and had been quite pleased with its performance.  As I also recall, he
covered the outside with aluminum foil since some of the light from his tank
could hit it.  I almost purchased one but at $99 I decided to try the Eheim
canister first and if I wasn't happy go with Hydrologix.

My Eheim is a new professional series (I have a 92 gallon tank).  Dave G.,
from the APD, stuck a little barbed elbow (from Home Depot) on the CO2
output line and carved a little hole in the input strainer of the Eheim to
stick it in and that was it.  Works like a charm.  The Eheim has NOT
airlocked, is not noisy and unlike Dave G. I have never heard it release a
big bubble of undissolved CO2.  Perhaps the pro model is more effective or I
have just missed it. It was hardly a DIY project but it works quite nicely.
The only way I even know it is going is when I periodically hear the
solenoid open.  The barbed elbow was less than a quarter I think.  Dave even
threw in the barb and free labor so it was quite the deal!

Good luck.

Daphne