Compact lighting

Hi!

I have some questions about compact lighting that I hope someone can answer or point me to a web page that explains this.
You have to excuse my english since swedish is my native language.

It's been said that compact lighting will be the thing for the future as far as running a planted aquarium. This should be due to the pricing compared to metalhalogen and the fact that you can get more wattage out of them, than you can with ordinary tubes.
Is this so?

Questions:
Which is the better brand for aquarium use?
How do I connect them?
How do they compare with metalhalogen lights?
I mean, in quality and in pricing.
Do they need cooling?
Are they better than ordinary tubes?
Which brand is best for plants?

Really greateful for answers and hints on the subject!
Greger

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---