Re: Dangers of sending plants through the mail

>I forget what this device is exactly, I too saw it on the news, and they
>went into it in much detail here since it is a local company, but its not
>radiation, and I dont think it is possible it could hurt a plant or a fish.

Not radiation?  Then what else could it be?  To kill bacteria, without
opening packages, the only things I can think of would be radiation or heat.
Both of which could negatively effect plants.

I was under the impression that is was the same technology used to irradiate
foods (non-ionizing radiation).  Anyone got the straight poop?