re: radiating mail

>My understanding is that the radiation they are talking about is actually
>UV. UV kills anthrax bacteria.
>UV should be harmless for everything else. This is only my understanding at
>the moment, and I could be wrong.

UV is probably an unlikely choice since it won't penetrate the package. It
would kill anything on the surface, but not inside. I suppose if they are
only looking to protect their employees this may be enough, but their plan
would probably be to prevent disease-causing agents to be shipped at all.

     -Bill

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator