Re: Dangers of sending plants through the mail

> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:38:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Re: Dangers of sending plants through the mail.
>
> The real danger of sending plants through the mail
> (USPS) of late (in my experience) is that it will
> arrive days late!  I have emailed USPS to express my
> dismay/concern.  I wonder if others are having the
> same problem.
>
> Arthur
> http://www.awaqua.com

My very recent experience with the USPS has been excellent! I just received
a shipment of plants and driftwood through the mail , ordered from Robert
H's AquaBotanic web site ( http://www.aquabotanic.com/) . They were shipped
on Monday of this week and arrived to my mailbox on Wednesday...at least a
day earlier than I had expected ! That's a shipment ( 2 different boxes
which actually arrived at the same time! ) from Colorado to Connecticut in
what UPS would call "2nd day " service for all of about $10.00 ! I'd say
that the USPS has got their act together and they will remain my shipper of
choice. In fact I tend to stay away from ordering ANYTHING mail order unless
the USPS is given as a shipping choice. I also like the idea of Saturday
deliveries at no extra charge.

On another note...the plants and driftwood I ordered from Robert were very
fine specimens and arrived in excellent shape....intact and completely
undamaged. They were packed more than adequately and no doubt could have
survived for much longer in transit if it had been necessary! Yes this is a
plug for Aquabotanic...this is the first time I have bought plants mail
order and I am very impressed with his service ( and the US Mail ) :>)!
Bob Buettner
Recovering from kidney stone surgery in chilly northwest CT
http://www.home.cshore.com/luna/Fishpics/Fishpicstn.html