Re: more hargrass

>> THe stuff I have I obtained from Florida Aquatic
>> Nurseries, and was labeled as Acicularis.  The
>> original stock is fairly tall (3 inches).  It's just
>> the runners that are very short.
> The stuff in the pool is about 5-7 inches tall. It's a touch thicker than
> parvulus and not so fine hair like. E pavulus tends not to do well emmersed
> IME. EA does.<<<
>
> My acicularis has gone past 15" and is approaching 20" in height. Its in a
> 100 gallon tank with 6 55 watt PCs and no added CO2. My experience is that
> it grows like crazy under good, direct light. If its shaded by any other
> plants it begins to turn brown quickly.

That sounds more like true acicularis.

>Several months ago, Tom gave me some
> really dwarf hairgrass that in general will not get more than three inches
> tall. My biggest problem was keeping it rooted in the substrate. At that
> time Tom told me the specie name was unknown...is that correct Tom?

I'm not 100% certain if it's parvulus or not. It's a better guess than E
acicularis. Least I know that beast:-) I tried growing the dwarf emmersed to
flower it but never took enough care of things and then the coons got
everything. Then you need to cut the flower off and take a key and
stereoscope to ID it. But I'm lazy about that right now:) I'll settle for
"not acicularis" for now and figure it out later after I figure out how to
kill off the coons that keep eating all my pond plants out back. Damn
vermin.
Regards,
Tom Barr