Re: eheim diffusor tubing connections

> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:27:16 +0000
> From: "Joe Anderson" <the_submariner at hotmail_com>
> Subject: eheim diffusor tubing connections

Joe was not getting bubbles from his Eheim diffuser.

snip...

> BTW, I am using cylinder CO2 with dual gauges before the needle valve.
> Press at 10K down to approx 15 at gauges.

10K? Normal is about 800 psi, at room temp. Are the gauges remote from the
tank? Your description confuses me.

15 psi may not be quite enough to open the Eheim check valve. Get rid of it as
it is a very likely culprit in some tank dump incidents. Replace with only a
simple needle valve. You certainly do not need both.

> I know that others have mentioned sim problems, but i could find no answers
> in the archives.

Otherwise, the softer tubing *can* leak at bayonet joints. I have found a
simple wire tie, as used to tie baggies, can make for a more secure and
blow-off-proof connection. I dumped two tanks to the room before learning
this.

Check with Dave Gomberg for the correct bayonet sizes, BTW. I was using the
wrong ones.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley 510 612-1467 - 879 Clara Drive,Palo Alto CA  94303

                 There IS an alternative to the
     Politically Correct Left and the Militarized Right:
                    http://www.self-gov.org/