diatom filter in Boston area?

Hi,

I have been having increasing problems polishing my water with my Whisper
Diatomagic diatom filter.  I've been pulling out my hair looking for
something in the water that might be too small for the filter to catch (it
does fine if I add some kind of particulate coagulant, such as Accu-Clear--
complete description at
http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~munson/aquarium/aquaprob.htm), and now am
wondering if there is something wrong with the filter itself.

Is there anyone in the Boston area who would be willing to lend me their
diatomic filter for a day or two, so I could test this theory out?  If so,
please email me or give me a call at 617-495-7961.

Take care,

Ziad Munson