Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1356

In a message dated 10/22/01 3:59:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:37:50 -0400
  From: "ken shaffer" <therealshake at mediaone_net>
  Subject: converting saltwater to freshwater

  i am converting a 75gal salt water tank to fresh water.
  i've cleaned out the tank and flushed all the lines and filter w/
  freshwater. is there anything special that i need to do or know for planting
  the tank?

 Yes Ken, you have to use marine plants. Caulerapa is the easiest algae to
 grow but there are a few vascular plants that live in salt as well but they
 are often difficult to find for sale.

I apologize for this post. I misread Kens e-mail.

Moontanman
Fish monger