CO2 - tubing and filter questions

" My second question concerns hose cracking.  I have heard that vinyl
hose
will become brittle after long term exposure to CO2 and it is best to
use
silicone, I have also heard that silicone will crack and it is best to
use
vinyl.  I am wondering which is correct (if either).  "

More generally, has anyone had experience with "air/CO2" hoses (vinyl,
rubber, or whatever) cracking under any cirucmstances?  And if so, how
old were the hoses.

Scott H.

Scott H.