Re: duckweed

Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:46:59 EDT
From: TD7894 at aol_com
Subject: Re:duckweed

Hello, as long as we have a duckweed thread, how about those of us like me
who have pounds and sheets of the normal variety?  Anybody got a hint on how
to remove it more efficiently than just scooping it out with hands or net?
Thanks Teresa.

Theresa,
the Chequered Rainbowfish  (Melanotaenia splendida inornata) will eat
large quantities of duckweed especially the larger specimens up to 75
mm (3 inches).   If you are in the USA there are Rainbowfish groups
that will help you locate specimens.   I live in the North of
Australia and get mine from the local billabong.

Cheers
Dave Wilson