Crinum calamistratum flower

I was getting ready to do a water change on my 75 when I noticed a very large stalk coming from my Crinum calamistratum. The plant is about 2 1/2 years old and has split into 3 separate plants. The stalk is big, the thickness of a finger! There is the beginnings of a flower at the tip. It probably would've opened by now had it not been wedged underneath the aquarium frame. I've got it unstuck and it now stands about 3" above the top of the tank. I did recently change over to some new bulbs that have a much more pinkish cast. Perhaps this was the cause. I understand that plants favour this area of the color spectrum for flowering.
Is this a common occurrence for this plant? News to me.
Kurt N.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---