[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: duckweed that has large leaves
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: duckweed that has large leaves
- From: Dave & Robyn Wilson <rwilson at octa4_net.au>
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:55:24 +0930
- In-Reply-To: <200110181948.f9IJm1g03090 at actwin_com>
- References: <200110181948.f9IJm1g03090 at actwin_com>
>Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:25:48 EDT
>From: Miltone at aol_com
>Subject: duckweed that has large leaves
>Is there a variety of duckweed that has large leaves?
It is called Spirodella which is a cosmopolitan genus containing
three species. The one that grows here in the Northern Territory is
Spirodella polyrhiza, the leaves are 2.8 to 7 mm wide which is
larger than Lemna the normal duckweed.