Science Experiment

Hello,

My name is Rustam Lalkaka, I am 12 years old in 7th grade at Hunter High
School in New York City. I am participating in a science competition in my
school  for which I need to do a science project relating to ecology. The
project needs to be able to be completed in 4-5 weeks.

I want to do something about water plants in aquaria. (We have quite a lot
of aquarium equipment at home.) I was thinking of putting equal amounts of
Java moss into two identical 10 gal. tanks, one with yeast CO2 and one
without, and weighing them before and after one month, but that seems like
too simple and not very interesting an experiment.

Can any of you suggest an interesting but not too complex experiment for my
project? Maybe something relating to conditions favoring the growth of algae
or green water? I'd really appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Rustam