Brown algae

My daughter has a 29 gallon tank with 3 goldfish and 8 zebra danios. We
change 60-70% of the water every week to week and a half. The tank is at
room temperature (average 68-70 degrees). Lighting is from one 20 inch, 20
watt lamp.

It seems no matter what we do as far as light is concerned (8-10 hours or
none at all), we are plagued by brown algae on the glass, on the (plastic)
plants, everywhere.

Any suggestions as to how we might be able to fight this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Crosby
rtcrosby at charter_net