Re: Should I Continue to Send Plants...

Loh Kwek Leong,

You mentioned concern about the "Klingerman Virus." According to
scambusters.org (http://www.scambusters.org/hoaxes/Klingerman.html)
this is a hoax. Other sources on the web are calling this a hoax as
well. But, I think that you can probably expect your plants to take
longer to arrive, just because of the current concerns and the
atmosphere in the U.S. right now. I know I used to purchase a few
plants here and there from a gentleman in Canada, but I hesitate
right now because of my fear that they will be delayed in transit
because of customs, postal inspections, etc.

I don't know what anyone else has experienced lately with USPS
priority mail, but it is supposed to take a max of three days and for
me it's been running anywhere from 4 to 5 days per package for boxes
clearly labeled "live plants". So, I suspect some of the packages
mailed within the US are experiencing delays, although I have no idea
if this is caused by inspections. I have to imagine that shipments
from outside the U.S. are taking much longer or potentially could.

JoAnn