preventing mold growth in fertilizer via acid of some type...

I am getting some mold growth in my dilute fertilizer dosing container.
Conlin/Sears  suggest using .5ml of 9M HCl to lower the pH.  Not having
immediate access to HCl, plus the dangers inherant in 9M HCl, I started
thinking of other ways to lower the pH.  Acetic acid (vinegar) came to mind
as being relativly safe and easy to store/obtain.  Any thoughts as to its
efficacy or any side effects?  Granted, what we get in the store is ony
5%-10%, but that just means I have to use more.  :)  Any other options?

Thanks,
John