Re: wire

I've used 18 gauge Galvanized wire for attaching plants to cork backed tanks
for 9 years or so. I have attached large amounts of plants to this cork and
hence lots of wire in the tank. I've seen no problems. It does rust semi
fast(3-6 months) and your left with little after some time has past.
Some had theorized that this was a big factor in my tank's good growth,
adding zinc. But tanks without it did well also. If folks do water
changes..........little is going to build up or cause problems. I've never
seen any problems over the years. It rust and the rust gets worked into the
gravel or vacuumed, removed by hand. No big deal.
 Regards,
Tom Barr