Re: Amazon Sword

My sword plant (ozelot?) in a 20 gallon aquarium just recent sent up a
flower stalk.  The stalk snaked its way through the aquarium cover by
the filter and is sticking about 2 or 3 feet up in the air above the
tank.  It has been blooming for about a week.  The flowers are a little
over 1 inch in diameter, white, with three petals. Each one lasts about
a day.

At one of the nodes in the stalk well above the waterline, leaves have
started to form.  There were a couple of roots I think, but they dried
up.  The little leaves are growing up in the dry air!  If I pack some
damp spaghnum moss around the base of the node with the leaves, I'm
pretty sure it would root.  Do you think the plant would grow out of the
water in dry air?  I don't mean in a terrarium, I mean in a pot.
Wha'd'ya think?

Best regards,
Bob