Re: Long leaf stems on Ech. horizontalis

Hello, I have an Ech. horazontalis in a 20 gl high with a double light
strip with GE plant lights in it.  I CO2 from a yeast and sugar
mixture being pumped in.  The plant, over the last few weeks, has
been sending out very long leaf stems that can get to a length of 6
inches above the top of the tank.  Leaves form that are about half
the size of the submerged leaves.  Is this a normal growth pattern
with this plant?  I have had the plant for many months.Thanks, Ray