sick rainbows

I cleaned my rainbow tank; a 75 gallon heavily planted 3 year old. Today, two
days later, I see fish with white lips and patches on his back. I also saw a
fish scratch in a zig zag swim against plants. I can see excess slime on all
the fish and their color dulled by it. Chilodonella. I looked through the
archives and not clear what I can safely use to knock it down. I'll take the
fish over the plants but would prefer to save both.
Any experienced bow keepers have a favorite remedy?
Salt @ .3 % OK for the plants?