SAE Problem

Hi everyone,

this morning I bought 3 SAE to  incorporate to my algae eating crew. I went straight from the LFS to my house (10-15 minutes) and let the bag float in my tank for about 40 minutes to make the water temperature even. The fish seemed to be doing fine while in the bag, but after a few minutes in the tank they stopped swimming straight, 2 of them just lied on their sides (almost bellies up) on my plants and the third was almost immobile vertically at the surface (like grasping air from the surface)
supported by the roots of a floating plant, from time to time this one made what look an attempt to jump out of the water but he was too week and disoriented to actually do it. Honestly they looked as if they were dying. I watched them for about an hour under the same circumstances and then I had to leave because I was late for work. I don't even know if they died or not because I am still at the office.

I thought the rest of the fish population was doing fine (2 mollies, a few ottos and 2 Cory cats), now that I think about it, the ottos and the Cory cats in my tank seem slower and lazier than others of the same kind that I have seen in other tanks, but then again, I might be just paranoid at this point.

I would appreciate your thoughts regarding what could have caused this reaction on the SAE, something must be very wrong in my tank.

My tank is a 43gal, Eheim 2215, CO2 injection system, fertilized weekly with Flourish. yesterday the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates tested 0.

Thank you
Diego

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.