Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1291

At 03:48 AM 9/19/01 -0400, Rachael wrote:
>Unfortunately things are not so good in the 72 gallon....
>Given that I am also struggling with hair algae and a kind of
>brown-cloud-cotton-candy algae in the 72 gallon tank, is there a particular
>nutrient I may be short on? Nitrates are 5-10ppm from added KNO3, I am
>adding potassium and phosphate but maybe not enough? I am currently not
>adding any traces,

Well, Rachael, I think you pinned it.  If you are not adding iron where do
you figure it and other traces are coming from?   I would pick a good trace
supplement with iron and start adding it.   What about Ca, Mg and S?  If
you have soft water the first two may be a problem.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco       gomberg at wcf dot com
Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam