iron chelate

Folks,

I have a question for you iron testers.  Do any of you have a sense for
the half-life of chelated iron in your tank?  That is, after you dose
your tank, how long does it take for the iron concentration to drop back
to half the amount that you got out of the dose?  For instance, if you
start with 0.05 mg/l iron in your tank water and you dose it up to 0.10
mg/l, how long does it take to fall back to 0.075 mg/l?  Rough numbers
are fine.

If you can estimate that value, then can you also tell me what kind of
chelate you're using (either brand name or chemical name) and the amount
of lighting on your tank?

Your input would be appreciated.

Roger Miller