Re: Dechlorinators

Hey all,

Just to mess you up, I do 30-60% water changes very regularly with no dechlorinator, and I *never* lose fish/plants.

I was under the assumption that chlorine gas is a very volatile substance when dissolved in water. Any turbulence will send it out of the solution, right?

All of my tanks are under 50 gals so I just do my water changes in buckets. When I fill them, I let the water churn and bubble in them before I dump into the tank. I can smell the chlorine off gas so I know it's there.

When I move, I will certainly be more cautious.

Cheers,
John Wheeler