Re: Shrimp and calcium

"Doug Karpa-Wilson" <dkarpawi at indiana_edu> wrote:

> I know Ed mentioned that he uses RO water, but I was wondering if Edward and
> KL happen to have neutral-alkaline water with some hardness, since I've
> never been able to keep shrimp all that long which I've attributed to my
> very soft acid water (no calcium for shells/molting).  Perhaps there's
> something else going on?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the exoskeletons of shrimp
primarily composed of chitin which I know is a nitrogen-containing
polysaccharide.  Not much to do with calcium like snail shells.

Nick Wise
nwwise01 at netzero_net
You Should Have Visited the Plant Trader Board at:
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=312188
NetZero Platinum
Only $9.95 per month!
Sign up in September to win one of 30 Hawaiian Vacations for 2!