Re: hot PCF

I've got four 55-watt bulbs and three ballasts from AH Supply inside a 11"
x 3½" x 48" home built hood.  Between the lights and the water is ¼"
glass.  The hood rests directly on top of the tank and the top of the hood
is slotted to allow heat escape. I have acquired the bad habit of leaving
fish food, nets etc. on top of the hood with no problem.  Light doesn't
escape through the top because of the reflectors.  I've been thinking of
building a larger hood to accommodate and additional 96-watt bulb.  If I do
I'll use the same open top design.

Dave