Can't be the same

>Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:00:31 -0500
>From: "Cameron Case" <cameroncase at hotmail_com>
>Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1250

>I have had the Christmas moss and Java moss for long enough to see how they
>grow, and they are definitely different.  I have just gotten the
>aquaticplantdepot.com "java moss" so maybe when it settles in it will turn
>out to look more like v. dubyana, but right now, fresh out of the box, it
>looks just like christmas moss.

Hi, Cameron,

Although I have not seen the moss from aquaticplantdepot, I'm quite sure it's
not the same as the moss I sent you.  I conclude this from the prices you
posted
in your last message.  I just checked with my part-time fish tank professional
friend and he told me that about a year ago, he bought the Christmas moss
from a
fish farm here for Sing 40 dollars per hundred grams.  Converting Sing to US
dollars and grams to pounds, (when are you guys going to go metric?)
that would be about US104 for one pound of moss, a lot higher than the US$40
per pound you mentioned.  It can't possibly be the same plant as plants are
always cheaper here than over where you are, unless of course, the folks at
aquaticplantdepot made a big mistake.

Loh K L