Re: Differentiating Christmas from Java

>Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:50:18 -0700
>From: "Robert H" <robertpaulh at earthlink_net>
>Subject: Re:moss

>I got some "christmas tree moss" from Loh as well, and it looks just
like
>the java moss I sell.

The Christmas Moss that KL sent me was distinctly different
from the Java Moss that I've had or seen in the Baltimore
area. The Christmas Moss "leaf" has a wide triangular shape
whereas the Java mosses I've seen have either a single strand or
a very narrow triangular shape of "leaves". (I put leaves in
quotes because I don't know what to call them. Mosslets? :-)

I noticed the spores on the Christmas Moss as well and got
real excited -- hey, it doesn't take much to make me happy.
The Christmas Moss is absolutely beautiful and I'm just
thrilled about receiving it from my new Singaporean friend.

Maybe Robert H had Christmas Moss (or whatever it's
actually called) all along and never realized it. :-)

BTW, KL, please remember that if you get more request than
you can handle, I will chip in to help with postage. You're doing
a wonderful thing for us!

cheers,
    shireen

--