Re: Moss mystery and Hair algae bloom

I have also found that moss doesn't travel well.
I just moved across town and all my plants ended up sitting in buckets for a couple days. everything did fine (including the crpts!) except my moss which is now a brownish green instead of its former bright green color.
sigh.

Regarding the hair algae bloom, the heat wave would affect your yeast. They would have grown very fast during the heat wave and exausted their nutrients. = lots of CO2, followed by very little. this may have disrupted the balance btw. plant and algae.

Tarah
(the yeast scientist... and I'm not kidding)