Re: Amano Shrimp

>From: Scheele Juergen <juesche at earthlink_net>
>.....rumor has it that the , so called Amano Shrimp in the trade
>is by now a HYBRID !
>
>+ adaptation to freshwater
>- -  infertile eggs

I think the rumor is baseless, though.  There is no reason I can see that
such an investment in selective breeding should be made.  The reason your
shrimp's eggs never survive is b/c they need to develop in brackish water.
The adults may not need these conditions, but the tiny young do.   Also
note, they are a "big deal" here in the West but are so common and
inexpensive in Asian regions they would be little more than feeders were it
not for their algae eating utility.

--
http://www.floridadriftwood.com