Re: Substrate heating....the theory acording to Dupla.....

"If the aquarium water is heated for example, by means of an immersion
heater, only the water becomes warm, while the substrate or gravel
remains at room temperature, thus turning black and foul with the
plants suffering from the notorious "cold feet". "

I knew something was notorius.  I didn't know it was the cold feet.

Scott H