"Aquarium Fish and Plants" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:50:30 -0400
From: Karen Randall <krandall at world_std.com>
To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com>
Subject: "Aquarium Fish and Plants"

James Purchase wrote:

>> While browsing thru a local used bookstore this afternoon, I came across
volume called "Aquarium Fishes & Plants", with text authored by K. Rataj and
R. Zakal, and illustrations by J. Maly. Apparently, the copy I picked up (in
pristine condition) was published in 1973, but the original book was
published in 1971 and done by Artista for Spring Books and published by The
Hamlyn Publishing Group Limited. The ISBN is 0 600 30056 0.<<

Beautiful book, isn't it?  One of my "old favorites".  The text is dated,
but the art work is really beautiful.

>> Does anyone know if the K. Rataj who authored this book is the SAME chap
who
co-authored "Aquarium Plants.  Rataj, K., Horeman, T. (1977)" and which is
still flogged by TFH? <<

I have always assume that it was.  Is there any reason that you think it
might not be?  It seems pretty unlikely that there are two people named "K.
Rataj" in the small world of aquatic plants.

Karen