[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
A couple of questions....about Dupla availibilty and MH vs Flourescents..
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com>
- Subject: A couple of questions....about Dupla availibilty and MH vs Flourescents..
- From: "William Lynn" <wlynn at telus_net>
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:20:53 -0700
- References: <200108201948.f7KJm1c27555 at actwin_com>
1) Any Canadian stores (mail order) selling Dupla fertilizers?? or if they
are located in Vancouver, BC.
2) I am resetting my 60"H by 20"H by 18"W tank up again....( a bit
pondering light sources..
At the moment I have 5ft long hood that sits about 8" off the tank
by side supports.
It holds 6, 48" full specturm 40W flourescents, staggered. I
generally replace the
tubes every 6 months.
I am curious about the economics of running a MH setup over this
tank. One I noticed
is that a 5' tank is a odd size for lighting. I also like the idea
of pendant lighting since
I have plants growing in and out of the tank. My philodedrum grows
all over includ -
ing the light box.
I have read a heap but was hoping to get some personal/informed
opinions on :
1) Cost of setup for MH ( 2-3 lights for 5ft)
2) On going costs... bulb replacement period
3) Quality of equipment
4) general annoying things about MH that nobodies tell you about.
Since I own a Dupla equipped tank (Hey, I bought from Albert Theil
when he was
on the East Coast... and I don't want to say how much I paid for
5gal of dupla
bioballs...sheesh!), money is not the prime factor in this ;P)
Or if you can point me to articles....
Thanks for any help... much appreciated.
(my plants are surviving outside in a old tank in 1" of soil and
substrate and water up to the top of the soil. I have the top
covered with plastic.
Crypts, sword, anubias, java fern, etc, growing well emersed (high
wonder if the crypts will flower?)