Re: Liquid CO2

As Dave Gomberg pointed out, compressed gas is the most economical and
easiest long term solution to adding carbon to an aquarium, but I still have
to wonder _what_ that product "Liquid CO2" actually is.

Could it be something as simple as sugar water? You know, the sugar would be
used as food by bacteria within the tank and they would produce CO2 during
respiration? I'm not claiming to know - it just sounds like it might be
likely. We've all seen enough snake oil clains (again, I'm not claiming that
the product is snake oil, it just sounds _too_ easy to be true).

James Purchase
Toronto